ESSS meetings and activities:
August 20- 10:00 am-1:00 pm - ESSS General Meeting
August 14 -12:00 noon-3:00 pm Hybrid Sit 'n Knit
Note the starting time is 12:00 noon!
Wednesdays- 6:00 pm onwards -WIP club (use the Zoom link-see below) Bring your WIP for the WIP challenge: get help and encouragement to finish (or even frog) it or any other knitting you would like to work on.
Friday "Happy Hour" - 5 pm onwards, bring your favorite Happy Hour beverage (the Webmaster's current favorite is hot chocolate but it will probably change with the weather)
Note that the Zoom link for all the above virtual (or hybrid) events is found here (you must log in to see )
Other upcoming events of interest:
August 6, 7, 13, 14, 2022 - Stitches at home
September 9-11, 2022 - Stitches Expo at home
October 8, 9, 15, 16, 2022 - Stitches at home
January 13-15, 2023 - Stitches Expo at home
February 11, 12, 18, 19, 2023 - Stitches at home
March 31-April 2, 2023 - Stitches Expo at home
May 6, 7, 12, 13, 2023 - Stitches at home
June 9-11, 2023 - Stitches Expo at home
July 8, 9, 15, 16, 2023 - Stitches at home
September 8-10, 2023 - Stitches Expo at home
October 7, 8, 14, 15, 2023 - Stitches at home
In Person Events:
CANCELLED August 4-7, 2022 - Vogue Knitting Live, New York, NY Click here for more information on the cancellation
November 10-13, 2022 - Stitches SoCal 2022-Pasadena, CA
February 9-12, 2023 - Vogue Knitting Live, NY, NY
March 2-5, 2023-Stitches West 2023 Sacramento, CA
August 3-6, 2023 - Stitches Boutique 2023 Minneapolis, MN
Note: Registration for Stitches SoCal 2022 in Pasadena is now open (click on the link above)
Vogue Knitting postponed their show in January 2022 that was to be held in New York City. It will be held in February, 2023 and Vogue had planned to host a smaller event without vendors in New York in August, 2022. They have since decided to cancel the August, 2022 New York event. For more information, click here
A message from President Sarah W. (From July 9)
Please remember that Sit n Knit tomorrow and the Meeting next Saturday are available for you to attend IN PERSON. while sit n knit will also be available on Zoom the meeting will NOT.
Please make sure you read the program section of the newsletter for info on the Guild Birthday celebrations!! Everyone that turns up will get a surprise at the meeting, along with a cupcake.
Here are the Guidelines we discussed previously for the Meeting for your refence
· If you feel ill in any way, please stay home
· Cathy McF may not be attending to collect charity items in July. Please try to drop item off to your favorite charity, or you can do a drop-off to her front porch.
· Please wear a mask at our meeting – speakers will remove their masks to speak, then replace mask when done speaking
· Vaccinations are requested but not required – we will not be checking vaccination status
· A fist bump is the preferred form of greeting. Please ask before giving hugs (we know it will be hard to resist)
· Please leave 2 chairs between each person when seated (place a bag on either side of you). Also, alternate seating so you are not directly behind/in front of someone
· Please do not use the kitchen
· You may bring non shareable water/coffee/food. Please wear your mask, lower to take a sip/bite, then replace mask.
· Note that the Joslyn Center building (including restrooms) is available to the public. Joslyn Center has no restrictions in place. The ventilation system has had its filters replaced as part of regular maintenance (no upgrades).
I have also reattached the Napkin sweater pattern for those that requested it . (Webmaster's note: click here for the Napkin Sweater pattern)
I hope to see you either tomorrow or next week
It's finally here!
The ESSS Potluck Favorites Cookbook is now available in a downloadable pdf format.
The cookbook is a collection of recipes that our members bring to our birthday and holiday potlucks. We decided to compile this coookbook so that we can enjoy the foods we have always loved at our potlucks while we are unable to enjoy our potlucks together.
The Cookbook is available to all of our members even if you were unable to contribute to it.
Click here to get the cookbook (at the same link, you can find information about contributing to a future edition of the cookbook)