ESSS meetings and activities:
April17 - 10:00 am-1:00 pm - Virtual ESSS General Meeting
April 11 and 25 -12:30 pm-3:30 pm virtual Sit 'n Knit (this, of course, is our regular time for Sit 'n Knit so even if you aren't able to join the ongoing social knitting on Zoom we hope you will join us for the regular Sit 'n Knit time). Click here for more information
Wednesdays- 6:00 pm-10:00 pm -WIP club (use the Daily Social Knitting Zoom link-see below) Bring your WIP for the WIP challenge: get help and encouragement to finish (or even frog) it.
Daily Social Knitting - Details here (must log in to see)
Note that in addtion to our daily social knitting, we have Sit 'n Knit on the second and fourth Sunday of the month
Other upcoming events of interest:
April 9-11, 2021 - Stitches Expo at home
April 15-18, 2021 - Virtual Vogue Knitting Live
May 13-16, 2021 - Virtual Vogue Knitting Live
May 15, 16, 22, 23, 2021 - Stitches at home
June 11-13, 2021 - Stitches Expo at home
July 10, 11, 17, 18, 2021 - Stitches at home
August 6-8, 2021 - Stitches Expo at home
September 11, 12, 18, 19, 2021 - Stitches at home
October 1- 3, 2021 - Stitches Expo at home
Some of the links above for virtual Vogue Knitting Live and Stitches events take you to the main information page for their events, that is where you will find links to more information and for signing up when they are available.
A message from Pres. Sarah W.
This month the Meeting is on the 17th April, so mark your diaries and get the zoom ready. As always we have zoom open every night from 6 so if you want to keep me company on my commute home from the office (as that is when i will turn on the meeting) feel free. Wednesdays and Fridays are very popular for those wanting to chat and have a glass of something with friends.
See you there!
"Zoom Room" hours for social knitting
Monday-Thursday 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday 2:00 pm -10:00 pm
(Happy Hour starts at 4 pm on Fridays)
Saturday-Sunday 9:00 am-10:00 pm
At the February meeting, Charlene shared that she had found a website with links to many Instant Pot recipes.
Here are direct links to some of the delicious look recipes. Even if you don't have an Instant Pot you may want to check out this website because there are lots of quick and easy recipes. We all want to spend less time cooking so we have more time to play with fiber:
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings:
Instant Pot Potato Soup:
Instant Pot Spaghetti:
Instant Pot Orange Chicken:
Instant Pot Kalua Pork:
Some suggestions from Sarah S. on :
Staying Sane--Ways to Stay Connected
By now, most of us are feeling the strain of being stuck at home with only a quick trip to the grocery
store once a week. We all know a fortunate few that have been able to continue working either
remotely or on-site as an essential worker. For the rest of us, we find ourselves both out of work
and without our normal social interaction we rely on to maintain our sanity. Fortunately we have
access to a myriad of online social media platforms to help us stay connected with the world outside
our own four walls. I wanted to remind everyone of some of the opportunities that are available.
Keep in mind this list is in no way exhaustive and they are not necessarily all available for free.
• Ravelry – Search for new groups to join that might have discussion threads on non-yarn topics. I’m a member of a crochet & bread baking group. Just be sure to keep your posts thread appropriate.
• Local Yarn Shops – Many local shops have adopted the Zoom platform to host their regular sit & knits. In some cases they may try to accommodate a portion of their planned class schedule on a modified basis.
• Local Yarn Shops, Part 2 – Many shops have continued to offer online shopping or phone ordering for curbside pick-up. In limited cases, you may be able to speak more in depth with an employee or shop in-store with proper PPE and social distancing, depending on where you live.
• Teachers/Designers – Many teachers, whether full-scale platforms such as Craftsy or individual teachers such as Edie Eckman, have increased their library of online classes and/or offered discounts on certain classes. In some cases, they will send out a discount code in their email newsletter. Designers have been offering their newest patterns free for a very limited time after publishing.
• ESSS Guild – By now I hope everyone has taken the opportunity to log into the ESSS Guild Zoom Chat. Sarah W opens it every day at 8:00am Pacific Time and it remains open until 10:00pm Pacific Time. It is open to all currently active members of the Guild. Some times are more popular than others, but this is a good place to get help on a project, catch up on the ever changing rumors for conventions such as Stitches, get ideas for dinner this week, or just chat about how you’re feeling.